3D Printer Workshop aka RepRapBerlin on 18+19 Feb 2012
build: Prusa Iteration 2 http://blog.reprap.org/2011/11/prusa-iteration-2.html speakers: Josef Prusa firstname.lastname@example.org Kliment Yanev email@example.com Joachim Glauche firstname.lastname@example.org Ruben Lubbes email@example.com signup: info @ ikmaak.nl schedule: saturday 10-19h: build printers sunday 10-19h: build software. cost: 850euros for one 3d printer time: 2012-02-18+19 10-19h 2012-02-18 10-19h 2012-02-19 10-19h place: IN-Berlin -- Lehrter Str. 53, Berlin (Germany) chat: FreeNode #berlinbuildevent twitter: #reprapberlin web: venue http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/IN-Berlin fotos http://ikmaak.nl/fotos/index.php/IkMaak-Build-Courses home http://ikmaak.nl/eenblog/2012/01/23/reprap-buildparty-berlin/ home2 http://ikmaak.nl/eenblog/events/reprap-build-party-berlin/ saturday session: http://lanyrd.com/spyfx http://lanyrd.com/2012/reprapberlin/spyfx/ sunday session: http://lanyrd.com/spyfy http://lanyrd.com/2012/reprapberlin/spyfy/ lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2012/reprapberlin/ http://lanyrd.com/cgdzq http://lanyrd.com/2012/reprapberlin/save-to-calendar/ calendar: 2012 02 18 00 Sa @IN-Berlin Day1/2 3D Printer Workshop 2012 02 19 00 So @IN-Berlin Day2/2 3D Printer Workshop orga: Sven Guckes firstname.lastname@example.org +49-179-3966141
Participants should bring these things along with them:
- Extension cord
- Screwdriver set
- 8mm round file,
- Wrenches in sizes 13 (ideally two pieces) -- 7 and 5.5
- Electronics pliers set (at least needle nose and side cutters)
If anyone by any chance has titanium tweezers, please bring them!
Participants should bring their laptops with the following software installed:
Slic3r -- http://slic3r.org/
OpenSCAD -- http://www.openscad.org/
FTDI VCP drivers (only needed on Windows and OS X, available at http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm )
Everything else: follow instructions on https://github.com/kliment/Printrun/
- move sofa to the back room
- furniture: install at least four tables in the main room
- furniture: one seat for every person
- waste: set up at least three waste bins
- waste: hang a container bin at each table.
- accomodation: who stays where?
- food: what to buy? what to cook? get it before events starts.
hardware: cut rods at BetaHaus (Friday).
- hardware: do the crimping
- PR: lanyrd.com: teachers - please create an avatar for yourself.
- PE: tweet about the event
- buy waste bins.
- buy USB cables A/B
- livestream: should be possible. please bring a cam!
SD card reader -> SvenG
SD cards -> buy on friday?!
- visitors: welcome visitors. give them a name tag, too. ask where they heard about the event and where they come from.
- PR: offer everyone a subscription to the *announcement* mailing list with events
- drinks: 135 drinks have been consumed.
- Kliment wants to pay them. wow. great! thanks, man! If possible, IN-Berlin should write him a bill.
what could IN-Berlin do to improve events?
- communication: create a maillist, open for everyone about all events.
- food: dont just use white bread. use more dark bread!
- heating: heat up before people come; then heating is done by people itself. open up the doors+windows sometime to get some fresh air in.
- kitchen: add a light to indicate the presence of people in the kitchen. "is there still someone down there?"
- plants: add more plants. more green! people are more productive when there is green colour.
- sign: put up a sign saying "this is what happens here today!"
- sleep: offer pillows. and warmer blankets.
- smoke: IN-Berlin is smoke-free? NO! there is an ashtray with ash, so IN-Berlin is a "mostly non-smoking place" at best (as pointed out by a heavy smoker)
- support: please dont hide in the back room. be more visible! easier to contact and find.
- tables: the table with a slight "border" was not so good. it just got in the way with soldering.
- todo/done: create a WANTED list to get in people to help us getting more stuff done at the place.
- toilets: clean them once a day. be sure to make others see it, too. they should know about cleanliness! women certainly appreciate this.
- wifi: open up the wifi to all people who know about the "passcode of the day"; make it visible through a display. "zero button interface"!
- windows: hang the big printouts higher or take them down to allow people from the street to see what's going on inside.
some requirements for a reprap workshop.
- participants: at least create 10 printers should be created to cover the costs.
- money: the costs should cover the reprap hardware and its shipping, as well as for travelling+accomodation, and some food.
- fun: more important than the costs is the fun factor. if all goes well, and there is sufficiently fun, then it is all good.
- room: a big room is needed to host all teachers and participants with tables and chairs and printers.
- internet: an steady connection to the internet is really important. open wifi, maybe some switches and cables.
- accomodation: teachers should be able to sleep at or near the venue. beds would be nice. blankets and pillows, too.
- travel: allow some time beforehand to book cheap flights or train tickets.
- smoking: the venue should be smoke-free. this cannot be discussed. sorry.
- food: a possibility to cook yourself in a kitchen would be great.
- backstage: an extra room to store the valuables is really necessary.
- parcels: materials will be shipped beforehand; someone should receive them all.
describe colour&size to claim the items!
- found: a pair of gloves
- found: a multimeter.
3D Printer Workshop aka RepRapBerlin Sat+Sun Feb18+19 10-19h at IN-Berlin Lehrter Str 53, 10557 Berlin - Bus 123+M27 "Quitzowstrasse" with Josef Prusa, Kliment Yanev, Joachim Glauche, and Ruben Lubbes see http://ikmaak.nl/eenblog/2012/01/23/reprap-buildparty-berlin/ http://lanyrd.com/2012/reprapberlin/ aka http://lanyrd.com/cgdzq
some things to print:
- Comic: a page from an existing or non-existing comic book - in 3d. (suggested by Alissa L.)